Issue with installing power windows.

hockeyplaya

Reaction score
So as time has passed I finally successfully installed my power locks in my car with little issue.

Now I moved onto the next part of the project.. power windows! I had everything pulled out and decided to test the power of the the crank first, and hooked it up to my battery. It has enough power to crank the window up, slowly, but thats not the problem. The wires heat up immensely. They are in the fire hazard range. I checked for shortages or pinching in the wires... none.

Suggestions for why all the wires are so warm are so warm? This is without use, just idling.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are the specs for your window motor?? either the wires are too small or the mechanical resistance they are experiencing is too great or both. too small of a wire or mechanical resistance = hot wires. do you have the power to the window motors fused? if so at what amperage rating?

Ozzie3o5

Reaction score
Sorry i am of no help on the issue. But was it hard to install the power locks yourself?

hockeyplaya

Reaction score
Ummm, once you get the procedure down nah, pop the door panel off, mount the motor and run the wires, connect main hub to fuse box and ta da!

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be the draw on the motor if its slow going up as described then I would bet that the motor is struggling drawing high current (making it hot) Try lubing the track and making sure that the regulator is working under lighter load see how hot they get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie