Leather steering wheel + audio/cruise controls

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this wheel off ebay(65$) for the G5 but it will not work with our airbag, so if you can find a chevy Malibu airbag for real cheap and the pop out the Chevy logo and and replace with your Pontiac one your set, Then resale your pontiac airbag and you should come out even...Im done messing with this and just trying to re cope some of my loss'

Wheel 20$
wheel012.jpg

little casting is broken off
wheel016.jpg

Harness 20$
wheel019.jpg

PsychoCam

Reaction score
so what is this steering wheel originally from?

I may be interested?

Also in the whole deal with controls

Cobalt08ls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah i kinda want this for my LS i could just swap the controls because i don't have cruise control

but i would imagine doing all this would be a pain
i have seen the how to on CSS but i just dont see my self swapping it by myself

ford sucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did the same thing but mine was from a pontiac torrent. i think all pontiac wheels are different

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did the same thing but mine was from a pontiac torrent. i think all pontiac wheels are different

All wheels are different except the interchanging models....they may look the same but there made differently...so G5 to Cobalt will work just as Solstice to Sky...

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

ah i kinda want this for my LS i could just swap the controls because i don't have cruise control

but i would imagine doing all this would be a pain
i have seen the how to on CSS but i just dont see my self swapping it by myself

it as simple as removing the air bag, and changing out the harness's only thing is this trim secures different then the G5/Balt, but you could always glue it in, its not something you will take apart often, if at all...

Last edited:

ford sucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wasn't the wheel you got from a g5 and the air bag didnt fit? that is the same thing that happened to me. i also took the airbag off my bosses solstice and it fit perfect in the torrent wheel. i think if you have a cobalt you need a wheel from another chevy for the airbag to fit

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wasn't the wheel you got from a g5 and the air bag didnt fit? that is the same thing that happened to me. i also took the airbag off my bosses solstice and it fit perfect in the torrent wheel. i think if you have a cobalt you need a wheel from another chevy for the airbag to fit

No this is a chevy Malibu wheel and the airbag secures different the whole casting of the wheel is different, see those 3 black circles inside the wheel in a triangle formation, those are the airbag secure points....

And pontiacs will interchange...but different brands wont ie chevy to pontiac, unless its the clone models.

Last edited:

red2008cobaltls

Reaction score
HEY, TOM
ill buy the wheel from you, i want a leather wheel to replace the hard as hell wheel that came on my 2008 cobalt ls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso