LT Questions

airtj

Reaction score
Any one else have the front end sway on the freeway. We recently got 4 new tires and the car only has about 41K on it. Do they have an anti sway bar set up for the LT?

Another problem started in the last couple of months, when braking hard you can hear a rattling noise that comes from the engine compartment. I thought that it was the plastic engine cover, but taking that off has stopped the noise.

LotusRenaultF1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front end sway might be the alignment. If you just got tires and they messed up the alignment, the wheels might be turned when the steering wheel is straight; that's the problem I have because Mavis is a bunch of idiots. Or it could be that they simply didn't align it at all.

As far as the brakes, have the rotors been cut? That causes a slight buffering in the steering column and might sound like it's under the hood because of the length of the column. My Sentra was doing that.

airtj

Reaction score
The new tires was installed at Costco, and it was happening before they installed the new tires. We had the alignment down about 6 or 8 months ago. The rotors haven't been cut, I think they are still the original ones along with the brakes.

blu3_v1p3r

Reaction score
6 to 8 months is long enough for you need another alignment. I usually get an alignment when I get new tires put on, or when I do suspention work(ie lowering, struts, ect.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup