Making a Water Resistent Air Box for my after market short ram intake

kawkinurjawl

Reaction score
Ive built a short ram intake over a period of 2 hours and I need to know how to build a cover or somthing to help keep water astray, I also have a injen water resistent filter on my air filter as well. I'm just needing a bit more ease of mind when it comes to hydrolock. I've had a 2000 Sunfire GT that locked up from a CAI after my sister stole it at 2am and when on a booty call... >.<
:whymewhyme:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ive built a short ram intake over a period of 2 hours and I need to know how to build a cover or somthing to help keep water astray, I also have a injen water resistent filter on my air filter as well. I'm just needing a bit more ease of mind when it comes to hydrolock. I've had a 2000 Sunfire GT that locked up from a CAI after my sister stole it at 2am and when on a booty call... >.<
:whymewhyme:
Really shouldn't need anything extra unless the car gets driven into a lake, tell her I'll pick her up next time :rofl:
she must have driven the thing into a lake
Yeah no joke, I took my TC thru 2 feet of water on stock springs and just barely ingested a little bit of water. It acted funny the rest of the drive home but was fine after I dried out the filter.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
there really isnt yuo need to do for a short ram. unless your running without a hood.i suppose you could take the stock airbox and cut the bottom part off and the sides and use it to surround the filter...

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There isn't any need for a box around the cone filter, you said you already have a hydroshield around it. Call it good, it's a SRI and won't be getting wet. If it does you have other issues, like the car is taking on water inside the cabin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie