manual to auto.... ya i want an auto, im in a lot of pain

The-Lemon-Balt

Reaction score
due to a work injury my knee is F!!!!ed up and feels like glass is grinding up in my knee cap when hit the clutch. I work two full time jobs and my day job i do deliveries in my car.
so what are the thoughts on swaping the 5speed to an auto? ive heard and seen ppl do auto to 5speed but not the other way around.
i

dalaigh

Reaction score
Trade your car in for an auto. By the time you get the auto in your car you'll wish you had. You'll need a auto trans, computer, auto linkage, I'm sure the mounts are different, etc etc etc... Just trade it in. Or see if you can find someone that wants a 5 speed, and trade with them. New cars just aren't like there older counterparts, you can't just swap things out and have it run like it did before with out spending alot of cash.

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is trade my auto for a five speed but I still got payments haha.

[insert signature here]

Drumrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would trade, but only if your an imperial blue sedan lol. oh, and supercharged

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
the hassle to swap the trans would be quite a job as already mentioned. best thing for you is to trade the car in

LotusRenaultF1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trade it. The cost of swapping trannys and all the other essentials will probably cost just as much as getting another car. It just takes an extra month and a friken headache.

The-Lemon-Balt

Reaction score
thank you all for your input, but due to how much i owe on it im thinking about buying a second car for cheap like 800 or less and keep the cobalt for a back up car, or maybe a project car ;)
But if my landlord doesn't allow me to keep the extra car in the drive ill have to trade it in for a cheap car.

ColbyJ

Reaction score
I would hate to have to give up my manual Cobalt. I love it. I actually drove a 2006 4 door auto Cobalt but I saw my Dad have fun driving his manual Ford Mustang and I fell in love with the idea of driving a stick shift. So I traded my auto for a manual 2009 2 door Cobalt and I'm in love! I'm sorry you have to give up driving it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson