MAP,MAF, THROTTLE BODY

gatorchin

Reaction score
Getting ready (today) to change my MAP sensor, clean my MAF sensor, and clean throttle body..found a couple of vids on you tube but weren't all that helpful. Does anyone have any tips,tricks,links, suggestions?
The MAP sensor threw a code, so I figure while I'm in there go ahead and clean MAF and throttle body. Will I have to have a helper to give it the gas while I clean throttle body?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MAP and MAF sensor can be cleaned by spraying MAF cleaner on both and allowing to air dry before reinstalling.

For the throttle body you'll want to spray throttle body cleaner on a rag and wipe the butterfly and everything else there. I have heard nothing but issues if the butterfly is moved by hand, so your suggestion of having a helper press on the gas pedal would probably work best. Do not spray TB cleaner directly onto the throttle body, you can get it on the throttle position sensor and then you're in a whole new world of hurt.

gatorchin

Reaction score
Well I got the throttle body nice and clean. I didn't have a helper, so I rolled the dice, unhooked battery, and moved it ever so slightly. Used a rag or rags and soft toothbrush and q tips...then I replaced the Map sensor. Now for the MAF...It was encased in a metal housing..wasn't like the prong like metal things I saw on a you tube video ...so didn't even mess with it. But hoked battery back up and she idles great and the throttle response is noticeably better. To me anyway. Would have really like to clean that MAF, but like I said it was encased in a metal bracket. Anyone still spray cleaner inside of that bracket? I'll take a pic layer when it quits raining.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For cleaning the MAF you just have to remove the sensor and then spray cleaner inside the square/rectangular port that points towards the filter. There's a wire in there that can get gummed up. Port seen here on the skinny edge towards the end.
05-14-new-gm-c6-corvette-maf-ls2-ls7-ls9-cobalt-15865791-213-4222_141825642876.jpg

gatorchin

Reaction score
For cleaning the MAF you just have to remove the sensor and then spray cleaner inside the square/rectangular port that points towards the filter. There's a wire in there that can get gummed up. Port seen here on the skinny edge towards the end.
05-14-new-gm-c6-corvette-maf-ls2-ls7-ls9-cobalt-15865791-213-4222_141825642876.jpg
Thanks! ! I'll take it back out and spray maf cleaner in that port...I didn't wanna try it willy nilly a d end up messing something up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso