Misfire issue

maverickdog8

Reaction score
More misfire issues

I replaced the ground again last week. Go to drive the car this morning and now I have 2 codes again. P0171 and P0300. The car is freaking out and the engine light is flashing. The plugs, coil pack, icm, and plug boots are all new within the last 5k miles. I have checked compression even and it all checks out. This car is my daily driver, so I can't have it constantly doing this.

Driving on the interstate the car misses and stutters when im up around 2500-3000 rpms. Stutters going up hills or on flat ground. This is a reoccurring issue and I feel like its never going to go away.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
P0171 is an air fuel lean code. You could clean your MAF sensor with MAF cleaner.

I'll look at my books when I get a chance, I just reformatted my computer and haven't installed that program yet.

maverickdog8

Reaction score
Now here is the real kicker. I filled the tank from 1/4 and the misfire went away completely. I feel like I am getting this issue only when fuel is under 1/2. I put in 2 bottles of heat to treat for possible water and will check back from that.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Odd. You could drop and drain the tank.

Merged threads for continuity.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member