Misfires?

LilSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rissa......Did they ever find out what was causing the problem with your car?

Yeah my ECU was just shitty, it had the same problem when we flashed it back to stock, and when we tried my spare ecu it was totally fine. So I'm gonna warranty the fucked up one, and we tuned the other one. Feels good now :)

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't you usually feel a misfire tho?? it like spits and stutters ... atleast the misfires i've ever experienced did ..

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you can usually feel the misfires. on mine i never could but when i hooked up the tech2 to it and went to the misfire graph sure enough there were misfires on it. as well as some knock. it was finally recommend to me by my shop foreman to do a crankshaft position relearn as i had update my ecm calibration. after i did that, no more knock and so far no more misfires.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Get new plugs.... gap them properly.

Check your coil packs, and also make sure your tune is in check. Misfires seem to be popping up more and more due to the heat now.

Just be careful...

i reserve the right to never do such things myself, I went thru 3 rear calipers on my last car before I got it installed correctly without ruining the caliper. I've been trying to save money so i can pay a GM mechanic on the side to do it for me, then I need to buy a code scanner/clearing unit. I've had a CEL for my misfire for about 2 months now probably.......the only thing I notice that bothers me is the smoking exhaust on cold start, tho ppl tell me it's normal.......

rukkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i reserve the right to never do such things myself, I went thru 3 rear calipers on my last car before I got it installed correctly without ruining the caliper. I've been trying to save money so i can pay a GM mechanic on the side to do it for me, then I need to buy a code scanner/clearing unit. I've had a CEL for my misfire for about 2 months now probably.......the only thing I notice that bothers me is the smoking exhaust on cold start, tho ppl tell me it's normal.......

Mine has smoked before on cold start . At first i thought it was just that condensation mist that most cars have....... but that one time it carried too far of a distance to be water vapor. It was a whitish smoke . Only noticed it once thou.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Mine has smoked before on cold start . At first i thought it was just that condensation mist that most cars have....... but that one time it carried too far of a distance to be water vapor. It was a whitish smoke . Only noticed it once thou.

mine is consistent, just about every single cold start i get that white smoke

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine never smokes on cold starts...

Your tune (our tunes, everyone's tunes) are STUPID rich on cold starts.... you can fix this by making it a bit leaner and adjusting timing in those areas...

The rich part is normal... it smoking however is not!

rukkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is consistent, just about every single cold start i get that white smoke

Are you sure its not condensation ? The way these car's heat up the cat at cold start it makes more prone to that. Mine blow out white mist at ever cold start but thats just moisture / water vapor. What does it smell like?

Jason

Reaction score
Just joined this site. I have a misfire in cyl 4, replaced spark plugs, even a new coil. It won't pass emmisions in MD with the check engine light on, have reset it, but comes on in 2 min. Anyone know what's up?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais