Moisture in Headlight

bruce69camaro

Reaction score
New guy having some issues with moisture trapped inside the passenger side headlight assembly.

Is this common or does this tell me A- I need a new assembly or B- moisture can't leave due to a weep hole being clogged or is there "C" to this issue?

Thank you

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Park it in the sun with the bulb pulled out to dry it. Then put it all back together and see where it goes from there.

bluebaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulled mine out a while back & drained & dried it in the sun. i put some rtv over the top of the lens but it started leaking again a while after that. I'm looking forward to new lights at some point :D

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Ok, stupid question, does it matter if the hood is up or not?

might as well leave it up for circulation if you don't remove the housing, i suppose

bruce69camaro

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll pull it out and let it sit in the sun and give it a good looking over.

onedoughboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a new aftermarket assembly for around $49 or less. Will come crystal clear with new bulbs.

kevinleek63

Reaction score
I also have moisture in my headlamp. where is a good place to get aftermarket headlamps? preferably LED?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso