more trim removal!!!

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am coming up with so many things i want to do now!!! 2 questions. Is the outside rear side window trim on the coupe just held on by clips that will "pop" off, or is it part of the seal for the window? And i saw a how to on taking off the back interior trim somewhere and cant find it now, but also want my a pillars off. Does the dash, and back seat need to come out and where is the how to on that? Back seats NEVER come out for me, and the doing the dash seems a little intimidating until i see the steps. My mirrors, roof strips, the door trim at the top by the window, and hopefully the side window trim is all getting touched with a gloss black, along with a better job on my door handles, brake drums and calipers, plus a cleanish interior look and a little different look for the rims. So basically i wont have a car for about a week since i am going to have so many things to dry properly. So if i am going to do it, i am doing it all at once, except the armrest recovering. Waiting on that till i have cash for seats and will have that done to match. Can anyone say 4 seat cobalt. ;) Of course there will be pics again. Maybe progressive, but definitely finished product.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In for pics and don't know how to really do anything Ur talking about except front pillars. Yelloeye just took his dash off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the dash need to come off, or just the screw under the little cap on top?

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:58 PM ----------

Found it on another forum after searching through 15 pages of my rear deck removal advanced search in interior how-to's. First post was, lowering kit install......damn search engines.

Rear deck removal for coupes - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts

For your viewing pleasure.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are kind of faded and look bad. I am wanting to take off all the trim around the side window area and mirrors, sand the mirrors smooth, and paint the all of it gloss black. So instead of the black plastic look around all of the side windows, they actually have some shine. I could just tape it off, but that never looks as good as actually removing it. Just another little thing to set it off from everyone else, and keep with my contrast theme. The rear window stuff looks like it has the clips too, but i wonder if its part of the seal. I wonder if anyone on a site has replaced this window on a coupe. That would be similar to what i want to do, minus removing the actual window.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I know i am going crazy with the painting, but it is a good cheap way to make yours different. I am just trying to fill my down time and have the satisfaction of doing it myself. This is the nicest car i've had, and just want it to look exactly like i want it to. Clean and different. Its the little things that make the difference.

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The outer rear side window surround is actually rubber. Bad idea painting it.

The interior ones are just clipped in as I recall plus the seat belt bolt which is a huge torx bit.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. The bottom felt like plastic, but i hoped the top was too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup