Muffler help?

Fletch627

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at getting a muffler put on my Balt, just because I want to add a little noise to it. I went in to autozone today and they have a Dynomax 17702 Thrush Turbo Muffler for like $35. However, I know nothing about it. After talking to the guy he suggested a Flowmaster Performance Muffler that is $85. I'm not worried about the price so much, just want something that sounds good. Either of these any good? If not, any suggestions?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at getting a muffler put on my Balt, just because I want to add a little noise to it. I went in to autozone today and they have a Dynomax 17702 Thrush Turbo Muffler for like $35. However, I know nothing about it. After talking to the guy he suggested a Flowmaster Performance Muffler that is $85. I'm not worried about the price so much, just want something that sounds good. Either of these any good? If not, any suggestions?

honestly a muffler is a muffler only difference is sound. By your statement "add a little noise" I assume you are working with a completely stock platform in which case any type of performance enhancement will be minimal. I suggest you take a look at youtube and listen to a few sound clips and see what you like.

side note: you get what you pay for, buy a cheap muffler it'll rust out quicker than a more expensive one.

Fletch627

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly a muffler is a muffler only difference is sound. By your statement "add a little noise" I assume you are working with a completely stock platform in which case any type of performance enhancement will be minimal. I suggest you take a look at youtube and listen to a few sound clips and see what you like.

side note: you get what you pay for, buy a cheap muffler it'll rust out quicker than a more expensive one.

Yep, all stock. Minimal? How can I get it louder then? I don't want it to be so loud that it's annoying, but I want to be able to hear it lol

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like I said look at youtube search cobalt exhausts and listen to a few, see what you like.

Cobalt714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i just bought a muffler online for like 35 and had it welded on i was wondering would adding a muffler & intake lower mpg?

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Yep, all stock. Minimal? How can I get it louder then? I don't want it to be so loud that it's annoying, but I want to be able to hear it lol

remove the stock air box (silencer) and get an intake, it will be alot louder

Fletch627

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i just bought a muffler online for like 35 and had it welded on i was wondering would adding a muffler & intake lower mpg?

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

remove the stock air box (silencer) and get an intake, it will be alot louder

Removed the silencer earlier today, and can't really tell a change..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso