My car is haunted

Bungiex88

Reaction score
I have a 06 cobalt with the 2.2 and I think it's having an electrical nightmare. Wife bought the car in 2009 r titled for frying the computer. The guy bought it at auction replaced the computer and sold it. It had 60k on when bought. I bought her a cruze this spring and I took her cobalt to beat to work and back. It has 100k on it now but started doing real weird things here's a break down. Front speakers don't work just the rear, when I'm driving the car and when the car is off sitting in drive way it unlocks and locks itself all the time, sometimes when I go to get into the car the alarm will go off even if key is in ignition, sometimes when the car is off the headlights will turn on for a couple minutes then turn back off, then the light that lights up what gear you are in works sometimes and other times there is no light, the lock and unlock buttons in the car work sometimes and sometimes they dont. The car is showing no codes seems to run well when running. I could care less if the lock unlock buttons would even work I just run the thing to work and around town I never lock my car but I'm afraid the batteries will drain sometimes when I'm in work or I might fry the computer or something if it keeps doing way things please help.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your car was involved in a flood. Do you know which module was replaced? From the sounds of it you need a new BCM, it's located in the passenger kick panel on the left. It will need to be paired with the car again by a shop with a Tech2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie