My hid projectors with halo's are installed one slight problem tho

aheroawakend

Reaction score
Hey guys took like 6 hours to do every thing at once from taking headlights apart to wiring everything up. Finding a ground for the driver side was a pain in the butt. Even now it doesnt always turn on right away I got to turn it on a few times. Tried so many ground spots but it seams just to be a pain that isnt the real issue its about the hi beams.
When I run day time running the halos are fine along with my turn signal area its all lite looks great the low beams work except the hi beam indicator light is on with low beams. The hi beams dont switch over when you hit the hi beams the ballace doesnt move at all. Tho my friend tested them if he wired them differently they moved from hi to low but they wouldn't come on. now I looked into this and it seams its a wiring failure with the harness. Its fixed with a diode tho was told at work its most likely my hid bulb? Id love some feedback and if it is a diode would any one know what one I should get?

How-To: Properly Wire HID Bi-Xenon Harness - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Btw i tried to take a few pics and I had streaks running up and down the pictures maybe need a better camera not sure.

I also picked up some headlight refinisher cause the black housing headlights were recalled and can get them from any site:( so for now im running them in my stock lights tho they are heavily pitted and scratched hopefully the re-finisher will help has any one used it? I got the 3m version with a polishing buffer

a so so pic of the running lights plus other car mods needed to update this album lol..

Pictures by Ruin-Nation - Photobucket

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OoOo are those the inserts?!? I saw these a while ago and have been wanting to buy a set.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Are the streaks from the bright lights? If so thats normal for HID bulbs.

aheroawakend

Reaction score
Its a plug and play kit bi xenon kit it isnt bad price wise it was cheaper then what my oem black housing after market headlights would be lol. Just search plug and play bi xenon into google its the first link I think. Yeah streaks from the hids any idea How I can take a pic to show them off? my friend has a few slr cameras would the better camera get rid of those?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This?

PnP Bi-Xenon G1 Projector Kit

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

sRetrofit_Projector.jpg

aheroawakend

Reaction score
yep thats it i wanted the g3's but I waited to long and you cant find them any where. The guy went directly to selling to ebay now and only g1's are on ebay as far as i could see. They fit perfectly I love the fact people told me first I couldnt put a double din radio into the ion and I did then was told the same with projector hid and halos and I did lol.
Now I wanna see if i could custom make a head light with 2 projectors in each light one hi one low. The the turn signal area is smaller so id have to do alot of custom work to fangle it and see if it would work then put the turn signal bulbs where the insert amber markers were prob not street legel right now for the side markers but its to much amber for me lol.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I know its a crappy pic but what do you think of the ion with the halos showing :) the g3s would look better cause they would be bigger and fill in more but the g1s for a first upgrade on my lights i like. I am going to end up doing led turn signals ill need load resisters tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie