My Intake Q's

Cobalt714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay guys i was just wondering whats is the difference between me making my own spectre intake and buying one from k&n Aem or some other one? any diff in power? what do you think i should do buy one or build one
:juggle:

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get a Spectre intake you will have to cut your own hole for the MAF sensor which if you don't cut it perfect it will throw CEL's and act like your engine is shutting down. I would get a K&N or some name brand just so that it WILL last and that you will not have any problems because they are made for that certain model Cobalt.

Cobalt714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen that you can buy an adapter so that you wouldn't have to cut it

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen that you can buy an adapter so that you wouldn't have to cut it

Spectre part # 9405 . You need that adapter. Ive heard running them spectre's to the bottom of your headlight causes problems, like it just won't work. I haven't done it yet, but I probably will soon. I'd say it's worth it . Get a really good filter .

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still the spectre intake sucks. The dynos of them are terrible and if you don't get the o-rings just right then they will fall of and you will get air leaks and have problems. I used to have a Spectre intake but there were many problems with it and its just not very reliable but if it's money you are worried about then be my guest. You just won't like it very much.

Cobalt714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i seen an AEM cai 2.2 on ebay and some say will fit an 05-06 and others say 05+ would it fit my 07?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup