Need Help Installing Double Din Pioneer

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Might be worth finding out if the pin outs are different. Could re-pin the cavi one.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it could well be pinned wrong but the new 07+ harness is completely diff than the cavalier harness

do u or do u not have the pioneer system?

also doube check all ur fuses to make sure nothing is blown

Rmoore006

Reaction score
As much as it sucks, you are probably better off just buying the harness. I had to do the same on my car, which I would have preferred to do the cheap route. But everything works still, and Chevy still holds up to the warranty because I did. If they see it was scabbed they may not cover any issues if you are still in warranty.

The thing that sucks is that there are about 3 or 4 different harnesses for the Cobalt. So just do some research before you purchase yours, otherwise you will be stuck taking the car apart, and putting back together several times like I did.

iLadyThick

Reaction score
just go to Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras and they will help u out all u have to do is input ur car and the yr and look up the stereo that u have and they will tell u the harness to get they gave me this
x127C2RGM11-f.jpeg

i think it comes wit the stereo free but im not sure u could probably look it up on amazon which is probably cheaper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais