New, and DTC Questions

BizKit

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new, And have had my cobalt LS for about a year now, my car 2 days ago started jerking and surging and then ENG PER REDUCED showed on the DIC, and then my CEL came on. I took my car to autozone to get the codes read, it was P0101, P0068, P0842, and P0717. P0068 is throttle body airflow performance, and P0101 is mass air flow or volume problem. both my MAP & MAF sensors were replaced about 6 months ago along with my fuel cap, Im trying to figure this out as I need my car running again as its my only car. any one else ever have this problem?

Lenny

Reaction score
I have the jerking and surging problem, but so far have no codes. Not sure if I was expecting too much out of it or what. But trying to get some answers too

bhope

Reaction score
Sounds like fuel flow. I'd replace your fuel filter (normal maintenance item) and also check line pressure at the fuel rail. Could be the result of a faulty pressure regulator.

Also examine your throttle body for carbon deposit buildup. These should be cleaned annually anyway. Ten bucks for a throttle body spray. Make sure you get the egr and idle controls in the process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup