new and need assistance with my 09 ss

bradywayne23

Reaction score
I have a 2009 cobalt ss/tc. I have the LDK crate engine installed. Only has 10,000 miles on engine and new turbo. Heres the problem:
My car usually has a vaccum pressure of -20 but now its at -10. Started it up and it just happened. I have catless downpipe, exhaust and i just put a cold air intake on but havr tuned for it yet. But still runs rich(i blow black smoke). Rpms are normal but the car lobes like it has a huge cam in it. Throws p0017 crank/ cam sensor.

So far ive:
Replaced crank sensor. Replaced cam sensor. Replaced maf sensor and cleaned the throttle body.

Car runs normal But does over boost to 30psi. Normaly only 25psi. Just idles like a cam. What do i do next?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You installed an LDK motor in your SS/TC? That might be an issue, it's supposed to have an LNF.

Did it run OK with that motor before?

Have you tried putting the old intake back on?

bradywayne23

Reaction score
The guy i bought it from put the ldk in. He said the previous lnf used antifreeze internally and the ldk handled more torque. And i tried the air box today and diffrent maf sensor and no change. It also make a loud pop noise in 2nd gear between 5000 and 6000 rmps and 30 psi. Also puts put alot of black smoke. Would a tune solve this?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's on the stock tune now right? I wouldn't get it tuned until you know what's wrong with it. My tuner won't even touch cars that aren't running good before he tunes them unless it's a known issue like larger injectors.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That code is a correlation code, meaning the computer is expecting a signal but that signal is happening at a different time.

Found this pertaining to the LSJ
get cylinder 4 in TDC and then pull he cam positioning sensor out and look on the outside edge of it there is a little line/bump on it. you have to line up the two lines up to reset it.

Should be applicable to the LDK/LNF unless you've read different. I don't have my service books right now to check.

bradywayne23

Reaction score
Okay i will try that tommorow morning. Thanks i appreciate it ill keep you posted.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:22 PM ----------

Tdc on firing stroke or does it matteralways phone

bradywayne23

Reaction score
Well i have #4 and tdc and unhooked the battery and put the sensor back in and nothing changed. Still idles like i have a cam and vac pressure it at -10 instead of -20 and i sprayed throttle body cleaner all over my hoses and couldnt find a vaccum leak anywhere

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso