New Cobalt Owner

Jonathan10

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm a teenager (20 years old) I'm new to this site i drive a 2009 Chevy cobalt LS (coupe). I'm looking to do a couple Mods on my car. as of right now its bone stock, manual transmission, no window tints, and the worst part of all NO Power Windows or Locks!! ahhh!! lol. I'm looking to see if i can get an suggestions on what i can do to my car. as of performance, appearance the whole 9 yards. thank you guys. :)

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

All easy and cheap.
Exhaust, air intake, lower the car, rims, and tint the tail lights.

Upload pictures :p

[insert signature here]

donnkesterjr

Reaction score
Since you don't have a location showing, I would like to mention this before you buy any intake related mods.

Some states (California mostly), starting sometime in 2006, got cars with a Secondary Air Injection system. If you have this, only 1 performance intake (K&N) is confirmed to fit & work properly, and I don't believe anybody made headers for Cobalts with the SAI. Everything else should be clear to go.

2006_0911Image0004.JPG

If you see that hose that the red arrow is pointing to, you have SAI. If there is nothing there underneath the sensor plug, you do not have SAI & can ignore this warning.

Nategotskillz

Reaction score
Tint Windows, Debadge, Paint Bowties, Remove Side Moulding, Cold Air Intake, Lowering Springs, Rims, Tint the tails, HID headlights, etc.

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you don't have a location showing, I would like to mention this before you buy any intake related mods.

Some states (California mostly), starting sometime in 2006, got cars with a Secondary Air Injection system. If you have this, only 1 performance intake (K&N) is confirmed to fit & work properly, and I don't believe anybody made headers for Cobalts with the SAI. Everything else should be clear to go.

2006_0911Image0004.JPG

If you see that hose that the red arrow is pointing to, you have SAI. If there is nothing there underneath the sensor plug, you do not have SAI & can ignore this warning.

There is a delete for that some where...

[insert signature here]

xxenjoi11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site, as i am new to it to so hello. above mods are where to start and what im working on now. also, interior painting is fun and cheap and adds alot of pop.

donnkesterjr

Reaction score
There is a delete for that some where...

[insert signature here]

I believe that also requires a tune to not throw the CEL. Plus, if the OP still lives in a place that requires it to pass emissions, he'd probably also fail that.

I love living in middle Georgia. The only place that requires emissions is Atlanta. And maybe Savannah.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He's got it, no biggie. I'd just get the K&N intake anyways. It's really the nicest one. My AEM was ok but for the money I wish I had bought the K&N.

donnkesterjr

Reaction score
Get a strut bar. I found the DC Sports one for $101 shipped from Cali to here in Georgia. Installed it in about 20 minutes, and I love it. It's a good start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup