newbie with some issues

05Blackbalt

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im Jesse. Live up here in Alberta Canada eh. Just figured Id do a quick introduction. So anyway, I bought this 05 Cobalt 2.2 ecotec needing a head gasket. Did that and its all going good but something is wrong with my theft system. I did some research and I haven't found anything just like mine. My security light flashed really fast, my door dinger goes off even with the keys out of the ignition, the hazards go off randomly and the horn goes off with them. They flash and beep for about 15 seconds or so then stop. Then I open the door again and they start again. Please note that my power door locks are also not working. The battery is fully charged aswell. All of the fuses are good aswell. Sorry for the jumbled description. Anyone ever had similar problems or know what to do??

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may need to reset the anti theft system. Unplug the battery for at least 30 min. Plug it in. Get inside the car. Lock it with the fob. Try to turn it on while inside the car

05Blackbalt

Reaction score
I don't even think my key fob works right now... I just put in new batteries and went and nothing works. Only one I have too. Any other ideas?? Ill try that tho! But I had it unplugged for like 4 days when I did the head

cobaltblue

Reaction score
Had a similar issue after I did my clutch and having it off for an extended period of time. Mine was the battery issue. If you simply think yours is fully charged but haven't had it tested, definitely test it. Also, is it an aftermarket anti-theft or stock?

05Blackbalt

Reaction score
As far as I know its stock. And this battery was tested and was confirmed. Its only a year old too. I have no idea.... My door wires were broken (pretty much all of them) so I fixed that and the door locks will work sometimes. But not very often...

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Might have to check the passenger side...if not I might have to drop it off at the stealership.

05Blackbalt

Reaction score
So guys I got it figured out! I pulled the lock switches out and tore them apart. Turns out they were very gummed up with corrosion. Cleaned them up and it works great now! Frickin new stuff always running off computers eh! Well I guess long story short, never underestimate the little things! Because that little bit of corrosion caused my theft system to act up this whole time. Works perfect now! Cheers!

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O wow thnx for the update I'll keep that in mind. You know a new lock cylinder is 30$ at the dealer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup