Newby w/2010 LE5

Mo Parz

Reaction score
Hi folks!!

New guy here. Just got a used 2010 Cobalt SS with the 2.4 LE5 motor. Totally diggin' the new little cruiser, it gets a solid 30 mpg and gets right up to speed when needed. It's silver with a black interior, 23k miles and otherwise stock.

Just got a K&N "drop-in" air filter. Looking to get the ZZP hose that replaces the factory tube that goes from the TBI-to-filter housing next.

Got a couple questions for you folks................

Has anyone tried drilling out the bottom of a factory filter housing to let more air in? Or is that too hack?

And what do you think of this exhaust system.......Cat Back Catback Muffler Exhaust System for 05-10 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L 06 07 08 09 | eBay ??

The price seems right. The factory "catback" appears to be 2". An upgrade to 2.25" doesn't seem like much in my oldskool world but every little bit helps. The intermediate pipe is bigger, looks to be 2.25" also.

And how about this header RACING SS MANIFOLD HEADER/EXHAUST 05-10 CHEVY COBALT/HHR/SATURN ION 2.2L/2.4L NA | eBay

Anyone try one of those??

I'm looking to upgrade but on a lean budget. Don't need to be the fastest gun, got a big cube musclemachine for that. Just wanna maximize the Cobalt on the cheap.

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest don't cheap out on to many things.

Have you checked out zzp, bad mab, pace better and other stores like that?

You get good quality products and they are good price.
Check them out.

Oh and don't forget turbo tech racing!

EBay is only good for bumpers, lights, and Cat-back exhaust heard some bad thing from people about other things.

BTW, welcome.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Mo Parz

Reaction score
Okay,

Thanks for the reply!:waytogo:

Yeah, there was an Ebay deal on a catback system that caught my eye but I've since realized that it probably looks too good to be real.

ZZP looks interesting. Checked out their website. I want the intake pipe that hooks up to my "drop-in" K&N filter.

Tried to contact ZZP by phone but they prefer e-mail. Will do that this weekend. Will look at bad mab and pace better too.

I'm thinking a full 2.5" exhaust system with a cat. Don't want to eliminate the cat for some goofy reason. Trying to a avoid a SES light.

There's soooo many aftermarket exhaust systems, it's hard to choose which to go with. Are the any magazine articles that compared them?????

I just want to maximize the "air in/out" for best mid-range and mpg.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup