no door chime sound

rccarter

Reaction score
hi, 2008 cobalt ls, plain jane model, no options. yesterday i noticed that when i have the key in ignition and have the driver door open, no chime sounds. also, when i use the blinkers, there is no click click, they work, but are silent. any help on what would be the cause of this please. thank you.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guessing you have an aftermarket stereo. The cheap harness was used and you lost your door chimes.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's odd. Being an 08 your door chime and turn signal clicker comes through your front left speaker. Does that speaker work?

rccarter

Reaction score
That's odd. Being an 08 your door chime and turn signal clicker comes through your front left speaker. Does that speaker work?
I did n ot know that. I usually only use the rear speakers. I checked and you are right. my driver door speaker does not work. perhaps a loose wire then? thanks!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did n ot know that. I usually only use the rear speakers. I checked and you are right. my driver door speaker does not work. perhaps a loose wire then? thanks!

Or blown speaker. But easy fix fit the most part.

rccarter

Reaction score
well, mine decided to work after all for a little bit today. oh well. sometimes its on and somethimes its off. thanks for the help.

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem, its the speaker then.
They are known to go out.
Ask almost everyone here.

what signature?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member