Noob here!

Mike P

Reaction score
Noob here looking for some basic info. I am fairly mechanically inclined and have a great knowledge of engines (not so much with sensors/computers).

I'm looking into selling my bike and buying an '08 turbo charged Cobalt. What I need to know is, are there any differences with the '08's or are they all same?

Mods: I would like to add an aftermarket BOV. It's my understanding I could replace the factory one but is recommended I add a K&N intake and an aftermarket "Boost tube"? (tube runs from turbo to the intake)?

I would like to add a little extra boost (understand more the air is compressed the hotter it gets thus requiring a better intercooler), so what is the easiest way to add a few more lbs of boost and how much extra can you add without upgrading the factory intercooler?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08-10 lnf's are no different. boost tube? maybe you mean the tubing that hooks up to your boost gauge? you could get a boost controller but i wouldn't run much higher than stock unless you have supporting mods

Mike P

Reaction score
What is the tube called running from the turbo to the intake? I know if I am going to increase the boost, that's the tube that's pressurized and should replace it? .... I call it a "boost tube" lol :think:

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

you could get a boost controller but i wouldn't run much higher than stock unless you have supporting mods

Is there much difference in quality in boost controllers? I see they seem to be fairly cheap on Ebay.

MANUAL MT TURBO BOOST CONTROLLER RED CAMARO SUBURBAN IMPALA S10 BLAZER INTREPID | eBay

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a good quality boost controller. Will run anywhere from 150 to 300

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run 24lbs of boost on stock charge piping and intercooler since 800miles currently at 39,000 miles no issues. I dynoed at 285hp/322ft/lbs torque. No need to get an after market bov unless you get a larger turbo, I also run the stock spring in the Bypass valve.

tube that runs from air filter to turbo= intake
tube that runs from turbo to intercooler then to intake manifold= charge piping, commonly referred to as upper and lower charge pipe. or hot/cold charge pipe.

Last edited:

Mike P

Reaction score
ha! thought he meant tube to intake manifold

That is the one I was refering too.

i run 24lbs of boost on stock charge piping and intercooler since 800miles currently at 39,000 miles no issues. I dynoed at 285hp/322ft/lbs torque. No need to get an after market bov unless you get a larger turbo, I also run the stock spring in the Bypass valve.

I just wanted an aftermarket bov for the sound. How many lbs does the turbo go to from the factory? Will a boost controller alone get you to 24lbs? And finally, what mods have you completed to obtain those #'s?

cusechevy

Reaction score
Can any one help me out.. i just bought a 2006 ls. I want to upgraede it completly i just need to know where i just should start frist i wanted the ss but due to financing i ended up with the ls if u could shoot a list of primary up grades that would be awesome....yup definetly a noob!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup

Latest posts