OBD II data logger for PC

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The last link I posted for ecrater you can buy a single unit. Looks like the same thing as the link you posted.

Not quite understanding this PID stuff, reading the wiki now.

Ok think I got it mostly, you're wanting to know if it reads everything that the OBDII port is putting out. I would imagine so but hey its 30 bucks lol.

incase you were wondering our cars are CAN bus.

Last edited:

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just dont expect them to display it in a cool gauge like fashion...also they are made in china

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It wont display anything out of the box and attached with drivers installed, need software to display anything. I've seen packages from free/open to $150

Small list from just 1 site of whats available for a few bucks: http://www.scantool.net/software/
More, but may be specific to the tool sold on scantool.net http://www.scantool.net/scantool/downloads/diagnostic-software/
Another interesting program, only works with ELM327 firmware http://www.easyobdii.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=5

EDIT: Here's the one my dad bought back when OBD-II was brand new. Decent system and holy crap is it versatile: http://www.autotap.com/

Last edited:

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i kno at the FORD shop i work at we have FORD specific IDS s that hook right up to our labtops but are not compatible with CHEVY :( we do have that hand Held SNAP ON one u were talkin bout but i never tried it yet.........i kno the ones they use at Chevy dealerships are any were from 4 to 5000$ !! ;-0

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tech 2 is the only scan tool that will legitimately data log like you're saying since they are designed for GM vehicles. I wouldn't mess with anything else but hptuners. you're gonna end up getting something half-assed otherwise. it's expensive, but one of the best things you can buy for yourself owning a gm car. I've messed with some other scan tools like snap on that will data log but it's only like fluid temps, iat's and o2 voltages.

Projekt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im interested in some software to display stuff. i already got the OBD2/USB cable just need software

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
tech 2 is the only scan tool that will legitimately data log like you're saying since they are designed for GM vehicles. I wouldn't mess with anything else but hptuners. you're gonna end up getting something half-assed otherwise. it's expensive, but one of the best things you can buy for yourself owning a gm car. I've messed with some other scan tools like snap on that will data log but it's only like fluid temps, iat's and o2 voltages.

2006 2.2 no worky with HPtuners.....:( Damn bastard child E16A ECU....They'll do everybody elses, but not that one..

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Believe me, if I could tune my car with HPtuners, I would have already dropped the $650 for the pro package...

Last edited:

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
For anybody with iPhones, there is new apps just recently released since SEMA 2009 that are capable of data logging ect with a data cable you can get.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn't realize you had the l61. man....I really don't know I am so used to lsj/lnf tuning I never even looked into this. I am interested now I'll ask some of my friends and report back here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noland1953