oil life indicator

skyhammer

Reaction score
Friend of mine told me the way is to turn the key on without starting the car and atep on the accelerator 3 times. Worked like a charm. Thanks all.

SloBalt_L61

Reaction score
for future reference on the LS models if you hold down both info and return buttons at the same time it will take you to an alternate set up menu where you can change basic info. One of the options is "reset oil life?" just hold down the return button and it will reset. This is also the way you can put the vehicle in learn mode to reset the TPMS system (if equipped) you'll need to do this to relearn the sensor positions when you rotate your tires.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
^LS models are not equipped with those buttons. LT and up have them, the lowest of the low level cobalts (the LS) doesnt have it

michelsl

Reaction score
I have a 2007 LS and it has the buttons on the wheel that is how I reset my OLM but I only need to do it every other oil change.

waffler

Reaction score
if you have a LT model, There are two buttons to the right of the steering wheel, press both at the same time hold for a second, cycle through the option on your DIC until you get to oil life, press (i forget which button) to reset the cycle

Strange buttons are on left on my L T

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a6cd0c06-86af-22e1.jpg

They are on the left for my lt

White Balt, bitch.

Last edited:

DaveL

Reaction score
Just read through all this, I have a '08 Cobalt LT, and with the car running,and the oil life display showing, pressing the info and return/reset buttons on the steering wheel resets the oil display to 100%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso