Ok, new guys wants to play

Luislopez1021

Reaction score
Hey guys, im brand spanking new to this forum, and i need ideas.

First lemme tell you my story...

Two weeks ago, my uncle passed away, and left me his white 2007 chevy cobalt LT sedan (because my 2000 suzuki died a month ago :'( RIP). I drive this thing home two days ago and my next door neighbor, who drives a 2007 cobalt SS coupe, is talking smack saying that mine is crap and blah blah blah. So naturally, i got a lil ticked, and I want to soup this thing up, im talking about taking it to a new level, and then i wanna smoke this guy in a drag race.

So far i plan on Pacesetter headers, Magnaflow Cat, Pacesetter exhaust system. Lower it 2 inches, rims, a bumpin sound system, and an A&E Intake.
I need more ideas, i know absolutly nothing about this car other than it produces 140~ HP, and i need more, a lot more.

All ideas will be taken into account :)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually you have a decent starting platform with the 2.2. Though if you are wanting to get a leg up on him you are going to need to go forced induction via either turbo or supercharger to make up the ~30hp and tq he's making more than you stock.

Last edited:

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm....didnt the 07 LT have the 2.2??:think::think:

anyways....welcome to the forum man....and what yelloweye said is true....if you want to beat him....gotta go forced induction...

Luislopez1021

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys :)
its a 2.2L Ecotech engine, all stock, i gave it a complete tune up yesterday, so which will give me more HP, the turbo or the SC? and how will it affect my MPG? i dont really care about MPG im just wondering lol

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Oh and the cobalt has a spoiler from the Coupe, i didnt know my uncle had it installed until just now lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso