Painted My Grille

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week while washing my car I noticed how faded my stock grille was so, I decided to paint it to match my hubs. I used some Dull Aluminum Krylon to paint it (You wouldnt believe how hard this color is to find). I've put about 175 miles on it since I painted it and still no flaking or chipping. Thought i'd give it some time before I posted my impression. Overall i'm very happy and I think it did the car a lot of good.

Attachments

• Matts Cobalt 6.jpg
    Matts Cobalt 6.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 50

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been giving that some thought actually. I'm buying some silver fender stripes from SKDECALS.CA this week so i'm not sure if painting the lowers would make it look too busy. If you guys still think it can be pulled off i'll give it a shot.

The GRAFX Shop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh wait i just looked at your pic again. your bottom grille isn't an insert style. its all one piece with with the bumper right?

that being the case i wouldn't paint the bottom part. (but thats just me)

and you mite be right about the looking busy. id put the stripes on first then see about the bottom part of the grille.

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh wait i just looked at your pic again. your bottom grille isn't an insert style. its all one piece with with the bumper right?

that being the case i wouldn't paint the bottom part. (but thats just me)

and you mite be right about the looking busy. id put the stripes on first then see about the bottom part of the grille.

Yeah it's got the 'faux' lower grilles. That's mainly why i've been debating whether or not to paint it. Not sure how to go about painting the faux part, or even if it'd look right if I did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup