pioneer sub

2010cobalt

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Cobalt that DID NOT come with the pioneer sub..I bought one from a friend who had it hooked up in the same car I have but im unsure how to do it? everything is stock in my car *Speakers*head unit I just want to wire in the sub..I also do not have the harness that plugs into the sub..there is a female end with a 4 wires running into the sub its self..its memorial weekend and i am going out of town on a 6 hr rd trip and just wanted to have it for the trip...anything I can do to get this working and then do it rightwhen I get back next week..I dont know alot about hooking stuff up but im really good at figureing it out when pointed in the right direction...any help would be awesome..thanks a lot 248-667-1187

2010cobalt

Reaction score
yea 4 two red two black..the guy said one set pos/negative for power the the pos/neg for speaker?

2010cobalt

Reaction score
ok anyway you can tell me how I hook it up? do I just splice it into the wires that are running into the back along side the driverside trunk? I think they are break/tail light wires im at a loss

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't have the wires back there, also probably missing the amp.

Just wait you'll you get back and do a little more research so you get it right the first time.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres no power all wires are speaker. amp is in the front of the car and runs all the speakers not just the sub

its a dual 2 ohm voice coil sub, one set of red/black per coil

these wires dont splice into anything without an amp it wont work. buying a stock amp is a nightmare and stupid so buy a lil amp for it 2 channel and run it at 4 ohms bridged and ur done

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a dual 2 ohm voice coil sub, one set of red/black per coil

so buy a lil amp for it 2 channel and run it at 4 ohms bridged and ur done

i have a dual coil audiobahn sub... is it better to run it bridged or run the pos / neg to each coil?

Thanks!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have a dual coil audiobahn sub... is it better to run it bridged or run the pos / neg to each coil?

Thanks!

Bridged, that way you don't have the voice coils fighting when the stereo channels aren't the same.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, you also want to make sure its a d2. if its a d4 then ud want to look at mono amps @ 2 ohm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts