Pioneer system, sub not working

farrell262

Reaction score
Ok so the day before yesterday i was listening to music and everything worked fine and yesterday i just downloaded new music and wanted to listen to it on the way to my destination i thought my i pod was not working correctly cause the loudness was not right and my sub was not hitting at all, i have no idea what happened it was like it worked shut the car off got in the next day and it didnt, so instantly i thought amplifier i checked the fuse and it was not blown and i hooked wires to each lead to the fuse (this fuse is the one on the passenger side inside the middle console area beneath the radio in the #6 spot) and my ohmmeter read nothing not sure if this is amp or my meter being faulty and not sure if there are any more fuses that i need to check. I have a 2008 chevy cobalt ls with the pioneer system.

Last edited:

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the amp was fully blown none of the speakers would work. also the rear speakers and sub work off the same channels on the amp so if rear speakers are working then u know for sure the sub is blown or possibly bad connection back there

Paul79UF

Reaction score
Is your amp one that was installed in the vehicle?

It may have its own in-line fuse on the power supply wire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso