Please answer ignition switch recall

ravensnation05

Reaction score
i have a 2006 cobalt and the ignition switch went out while i was driving, so i towed it to the dealer to get it fixed. its been there for over a week just sitting and nobody has called me. I went up there wondering what the **** was going on, they said its not the ignition switch its something like ignition module i think he said? i also have a brand new battery and he said id need a new one. (its dead because its been sitting for over a week) all around it would end up costing me around 500$. i was aware this would be free since its a recall. are they just fucking me or what? shit doesn't add up to me.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I glad that you weren't injured or worse killed by your ignition going out. Clearly the human race is bettered by your presence.

Don't be an ass just for the sake of being an ass, you should at least have a good reason.

Last edited:

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ignition recall just replaces the switch with that might have a heavier spring so it doesn't turn off due to too much weight on the key ring. $500 is about how much a new body control module (BCM) cost me at the dealer.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso