please help have questions on ss motor

roughneck

Reaction score
wats up i need help i have a 03 cavalier is has a 06 chevy cobalt ss motor and tranny in it. i cant figure out but it just started running like crap it seems like its not getting enough fuel or air or to much it idels like crap but once you get passed first gear and give it more rpms it seems to be alright. i also hooked it up to a scanner and it has no codes. could someone help me or lead me in the right direction please.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What all did you swap? what ECU are you using? any check lights?

roughneck

Reaction score
everything as far as i know i got car from a guy who owed me money scanner says no codes and for the ecu it should be the cobalt because if it was the calvier it wouldnt run at all right i also know the motor has a comp 2 stage cam

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You sure it's the 2.0 ss motor? Would have been way easier to slap a supercharger onto the cavi motor. Could you post a picture of your engine bay?

Video of the idle would be good too, I suspect it's just how those cams idle.

Tapatalk from RAZR MAXX.

Mo Parz

Reaction score
If it "idles like crap" and cleans up through the rest of the rpm band it could be as simple as a vacuum leak.

Try choking off the air inlet while idling to see if it smoothes out for you. The IAC can only compensate so much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso