Please post a pic!

cobaltblue

Reaction score
I have a very simple request, I just need a picture of an area in your cobalt!

Here's the deal: ever since I upgraded my clutch to a stage 3, the required pressure to depress the clutch pedal has greatly increased. I assumed that this was simply due to it being a brand new clutch assembly. I did that about a year ago. I'm not sure if my issue now has anything to do with that issue or not but it could.

The issue now: I went to drive today and made it less than a block before I heard a "pop" and my clutch pedal went to the floor and wouldn't release. Upon later inspection, I realized that where the clutch rod, connected to the pedal, goes through the firewall, there is a boot. This boot had been pressed through the hole in the firewall. I was able to pull it back out but it continues to get pressed in every time I depress the clutch.

What I want: I would like for someone to send me a few close-up pictures of this part on their cobalt to see if I am missing some sort of pin or clamp or something to prevent this issue. Or to see if I simply busted the whole thing and need to replace it. The pictures attached refer to the part that I am referring to.

Any help is greatly appreciated, especially quick responses as I would love to get this done tonight if possible.

Attachments

• Clutch pic 1.jpg
    Clutch pic 1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 8
  • clutch pic 3.jpg
    clutch pic 3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 6
  • clutch pic 2.jpg
    clutch pic 2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are tabs that hold the master cylinder to the firewall. Your symptom is probably bent tabs. Causing 0 pedal. Best bet is to take out the master cylinder and reinforce those tabs OK the firewall.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

And yes the rod gets pushed all the way in and the pedal is all the way to the floor always.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup