problem with alarm

Godik1985

Reaction score
It all started when they stopped to close the door with the remote control. However opened perfectly. Then he began to open badly. Only under strong pressure several times. Later stops working and the button. I thought that the problem was battery, replaced no results.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just making sure I am understanding correctly. Your remote isn't unlocking the car anymore? Do the other remote buttons work?

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I just gathered. The buttons have worn out to the point they don't make contact to the board. OR you broke the board from pressure

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm betting it's the same problem I had, the buttons just need replaced. $5 on eBay.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gummy thing pad lol. They have like nubs on the bottom

Liz.05LS

Reaction score
I've had to replace my fob keypad 2x already. Lock button wore out on me both times. eBay is definitely the cheapest route.. I think I went through "keylessking" on there and got them for about $3.50 each.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could be a reason. Did entry to get an actual good quality gm piece? Or a used remote. Just swap chips

Liz.05LS

Reaction score
Definitely not used. Shiny and new.. lol Bought the casing and the buttons this last time and did the chip swap. It's definitely not GM quality. Plastic is lighter/thinner feeling. Staring at it on my desk right now and I'm noticing the paint is starting to rub off the unlock button already.. haha

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll second Liz, it's cheaper and lighter material. Haven't had mine long and no noticeable wear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso