Proper Shifting & Cruise Control

Knightmare

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and just purchased my Chevy Cobalt 2009 Sedan last Saturday. Other than the buttons on the panel being worn out, the car is amazing! It rides smoothly and seems to have great gas mileage. Yesterday, however, I went to back out of my apartment complex, hit the button on the shift stick to put the car in reverse, but didn't hit the button to shift into drive. For some reason, I don't need to hit the button to go from reverse to neutral to drive and back to neutral, but I do need to hit the button to go from neutral back to reverse. I didn't know if I needed to have this checked out by a mechanic or if this is a normal feature. (Keep in mind, my car before this one was a 1999 Ford Taurus, so this is a 10 year upgrade for me.)

Also, since the buttons are worn out on the steering wheel, I don't know if I'm using the cruise control correctly. I press the button to the far left and an orange light comes on, but when I press the set button, nothing happens. The same thing seems to happen when the orange light is off.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The transmission thing is normal, it's to prevent you from accidentally slamming it into reverse on the freeway.

The orange light is lit then the cruise control is active, when you hit set on the wheel "cruise set" should come up on the dash.

Does your third brake light work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup