Radio problems. Anyone else? TSB?

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
My 09 sedan SS came with that neato radio with the USB port in front but the USB is acting up. I hit a bump and it tries to connect to a USB device even when there's nothing plugged into the USB. It's pissing me off big time. It's gotten to the point that I can't even turn the bloody radio on without it cutting in and out constantly. A short term treatment is to bang on the kick panel ala The Fonz' but that's only got to be making matters worse.

Anyone know of any TSB's or anything for this. I don't want to have to leave my car at the dikhead dealer and have him say, "Oh it worked fine for us so we didn't replace it."

On an up-note, my brakes stopped squealing. Only took 15000 miles.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
seriously, none of you have radio problems?

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Here's my other car:

2b57ff05.jpg

9f229f74.jpg

kinda dark pic but suck it:
facec066.jpg

[/COLOR]and some more (yeah, the hole in the hood was from a lightning supercharger that I just pulled off. Waiting for my new hood.)

7a44a685.jpg

c532daa6.jpg

e5beea9d.jpg

Selling the beast but if any of you hippies want it I am accepting partial and even full trades. Full details and more pics at www.54stangs.com

Remy

Reaction score
I checked bulletins, there aren't any for that problem. I've worked for a GM dealer for over 3 years, I don't think I have ever seen a Cobalt with a USB. Didn't even know they had them. If it's a part of the radio, then my guess would be it is an internal problem with the radio..

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Yeah... I just have to take the damned thing in. I'm half tempted to just pull the radio out and fix the USB. I'm qualified to actually do such things. Meh.. I'll just take it in.

Thanks remy

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 09 sedan SS came with that neato radio with the USB port in front but the USB is acting up. I hit a bump and it tries to connect to a USB device even when there's nothing plugged into the USB. It's pissing me off big time. It's gotten to the point that I can't even turn the bloody radio on without it cutting in and out constantly. A short term treatment is to bang on the kick panel ala The Fonz' but that's only got to be making matters worse.

Anyone know of any TSB's or anything for this. I don't want to have to leave my car at the dikhead dealer and have him say, "Oh it worked fine for us so we didn't replace it."

On an up-note, my brakes stopped squealing. Only took 15000 miles.

i will check for a TSB tomorrow if i have time in the shop. i remember seeing a few for the radio but i skimmed over them b/c i was looking up brakes... one i did see was for the radio not muting enough while using onstar.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

I checked bulletins, there aren't any for that problem. I've worked for a GM dealer for over 3 years, I don't think I have ever seen a Cobalt with a USB. Didn't even know they had them. If it's a part of the radio, then my guess would be it is an internal problem with the radio..

if you have never seen a cobalt with a usb and you work for a gm dealer you need a new job.

Last edited:

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
I pulled the blower for a couple reasons 1, smog laws and the local constabulary telling me if they see it on the streets they'll cite me. 2, I didn't have any bites on selling it with the blower on it. Figured people might be more apt to take the thing off my hands if it was something they could drive. Besides... with the nitrous kit it'll make more power with lower EGT and ACT.

YouDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres probably a hairline crack on the board in the radio, causing it to short or send signals the wrong way, resulting in it thinking somethings making the connection. Your prob gonna need a new radio man.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, that's prob whats wrong with it since kicking it and bumps are effecting it, theres a crack or a short somewhere on the board.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso