Rattling sound in steering wheel area

My2009LT

Reaction score
I just joined this forum...and I've never used one...and I am not mechanically inclined...so bear with me here lol.

Basically my car makes a weird "rattling" noise whenever I am going over rough road, or taking a corner at a reasonable speed (freeway).

My boyfriend has heard it but can't decide what it could be. He doesn't like/know Chevy very well so he didn't want to take it apart to look in the steering column.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what this may be, or if I just shouldn't worry. I should note I am in Alaska right now and the car is in Oregon so I can't do much, but I'd still like to know for when I go back or bring it here.

big gear head

Reaction score
Mine had a rattle when driving slow on a rough road. The intermediate steering shaft was the problem. It was replaced under warranty. I've also had the lower controll arm bushings replaced and the power steering motor replaced. All under warranty.

Redeemer

Reaction score
Sway bar links need to be replaced. Its a common issue. Look for the Moog ones online. They seem to be the ones of choice. Im waiting for mine to be delivered so i can get rid of that noise myself :)

My2009LT

Reaction score
Well mine isn't under warranty since I bought it used lol. So I guess I'll hope its something of a cheaper alternative. Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts