Red Neon Wire Questions.

kawkinurjawl

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy 5' of flexible red neon wire, but I need to know if I must outline the object then cut the excess off or just hide it and hope it doesn't glow behind the panels of where I've hidden it... Did any of that make much sense? I wasn't sure how to really explain my question, but I tried. lol:whymewhyme:

kawkinurjawl

Reaction score
i just found some at autozone but the package didn't say anything about cutting it and the "helpers" there usually don't know squat.... so..?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No clue, could try cutting it and if it breaks buy another, it's only $20. Or ask Brit, she's got something similar in her car.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
you could cut it and find similar gauge wires and splice them together. then put them in with the windshield wiper fuse

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could cut it and find similar gauge wires and splice them together. then put them in with the windshield wiper fuse

he is talking about the electroluminescent wires
771bd411_6978.jpeg

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Product Description
Product Description
Characteristics of EL Wire 1. Flexible 2. Energy saving 3. Easy to install 4. Cool to the touch 5. Available in many color 6. Available in continuous lengths (ranges several inches to thousands of feet. 7. Powered by either batteries or house outlets 8. Suitable for ornaments and jewelry 9. Can be cut and spliced 10. Enables braiding or looping 11. Water resistant and weather durable

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Amazon.com: Neon Glowing Strobing Electroluminescent Wires (El Wire) - Green, Blue, Red & Pink Party Pack: Kitchen & Dining

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso