Removing Emblems?? I need help

reyesa21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i just got a cobalt lt about 2 months ago and i want to take off the cobalt lt and the dealership logos off. any help on to how to take it off safely without damaging paint. im most likely going to keep on the bowties but everything else im taking off. anny help???

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cobalt shit take 10 lb fishing line put behind it and slide it behind it . the dealer stuff you can take hotwater and a debitcard or something like that and kinda peel it off . if you can get a hair dryer out to heat all the stuff up a little it comes off easy

YouDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also you can use a heat gun VERY lightly, heat it from the other side of the metal if possible or the edges of the emblem and the adhesive should peel off. DO NOT LEAVE THE HEAT GUN ON THE SAME SPOT make a circle with the gun or something just dont heat one area. If you really dont know what your doing i wouldnt reccomend this strategy

reyesa21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright ill try that. I dnt hav a heat gun so ill jus use the hair dryer. How do I get that adhesive sht off. Goo gone or something like that?

reyesa21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used floss and went up and down with it and then i pealed as much as possible of the foamy shit off and then used goof off and rubbed it off, looks veryy clean now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup