Rims or Coilovers

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALL suspension components are interchangeable between ALL model & year of Cobalts/G5's. Most stuff will work on Ions, as well.

Ozzie3o5

Reaction score

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Ozzie3o5

Reaction score
Here is a wonderful link that shows how much wheel gap he has with pedders http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f80/january-2011-cotm-usmcfieldmp-4047/

If you click this link it will tell you how much drop the Pedders give Cobalt Pedder Spring Pkg PSKIT - Crate Engine Depot

And this link will give you results on google that probably tell you how much Sportlines drop Let me google that for you

NOW GO DO SOME OF YOUR OWN FUCKING RESEARCH G!@#$^#$$%@!!!!!

Hey bro your cool :rofl: Ive done all of that. Ive seen his pics. Ive been on google, ive been to the website. Ive done more than enough research. I would like some first hand opinions, hence the reason for me even starting this thread in the first place. If youre really getting that annoyed by someone asking question then dont respond. Its that easy. But you chose the "civilized way" and blew up over a forum. And for that i say... your cool. :)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey bro your cool :rofl: Ive done all of that. Ive seen his pics. Ive been on google, ive been to the website. Ive done more than enough research. I would like some first hand opinions, hence the reason for me even starting this thread in the first place. If youre really getting that annoyed by someone asking question then dont respond. Its that easy. But you chose the "civilized way" and blew up over a forum. And for that i say... your cool. :)

These are all questions we have all heard since late 2006, it gets a bit tiring as there are a lot of threads about the subject with exactly what you are looking for. Just seems like nobody cares to look around and do research themselves anymore.

Pedders fronts are a bit higher than Sportlines, rears are quite a bit more as the car has a more raked appearance than the flat look with Sportlines. After owning Sportlines and then Pedders I can definitively say that I like the way that Pedders handle much better than Sportlines. If you're going for looks I'd say pick up a set of H&R springs, lowest drop out there besides coils. But if you want your car to feel more predictable and planted grab some Pedders, there's a reason they're the most expensive spring out right now.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copy pastea much? lol

Didn't feel like typing it again. :rofl:

So these will give a drop similar to sportlines?

How much wheel gap do you have?

Drop is very similar... millimeters of difference between the two sets. The rear is probably 1/4" higher on the Pedders. Its better that way. It'll handle better because of it.

These are all questions we have all heard since late 2006, it gets a bit tiring as there are a lot of threads about the subject with exactly what you are looking for. Just seems like nobody cares to look around and do research themselves anymore.

Pedders fronts are a bit higher than Sportlines, rears are quite a bit more as the car has a more raked appearance than the flat look with Sportlines. After owning Sportlines and then Pedders I can definitively say that I like the way that Pedders handle much better than Sportlines. If you're going for looks I'd say pick up a set of H&R springs, lowest drop out there besides coils. But if you want your car to feel more predictable and planted grab some Pedders, there's a reason they're the most expensive spring out right now.

I owned Sportlines first... and now Pedders... and I agree with the above statements. Haha

SPORTLINES
Cobalt010.jpg

Cobalt022.jpg

20070629001.jpg

20080802015.jpg

20080802012.jpg

20080802010.jpg

20080802004.jpg

You've already seen my Pedders pictures... so no need to post them.

Ozzie3o5

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I now have some serious consideration to put into my purchase.
Didn't feel like typing it again. :rofl:

Drop is very similar... millimeters of difference between the two sets. The rear is probably 1/4" higher on the Pedders. Its better that way. It'll handle better because of it.

I owned Sportlines first... and now Pedders... and I agree with the above statements. Haha
I think ima go with the FE5 and pedder combo. Its about half the price of coils, and from your previous statements and all the hype all over every site about them it sounds like theyre worth it. Thanks for all the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie