roof "trim" strip removal?

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before i go breaking stuff, how are the roof strips held in place? I want to do something with them, and would like them off to do it.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It feels like clips but what kind I don't know.
CL05420.gif

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i am thinking, but i really dont want to pry it off and have it break. Lol. It will be so much easier to paint them when they are off instead of painting them while on a step.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

And what are 2, 3, and 4? The bracing under the headliner? And if it is that simple, i bet a moonroof swap wouldn't be as hard as it would be expensive. Lol.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i am thinking, but i really dont want to pry it off and have it break. Lol. It will be so much easier to paint them when they are off instead of painting them while on a step.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

And what are 2, 3, and 4? The bracing under the headliner? And if it is that simple, i bet a moonroof swap wouldn't be as hard as it would be expensive. Lol.
They're $30 on GMpartsdirect.com, I've never tried taking them off. If you do would you mind taking pictures of what's under there?

Bracing is what those numbers are. Think it's a bit more complicated for the sunroof swap than just changing those panels.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the are just clips too. I will take pics even if i break something. Lol. The clips are what i am worried about breaking. I dont want to go break the strips off of 5-6 junkyard cars to replace them. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup