seafoam problem

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seafoam is so unnecessary, and causes more issues...if you read the can its says to do this right before replacing your fuel filter, since it clogs it....so your fuel filter and or injectors are clogged

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------
http://www.google.com/search?q=seaf...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
someone needs to make a how-to seafoam on a 2.2 :)

How to Seafoam Your Cobalt

-Step 1. Dont do it.

lol

Last edited:

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

Reaction score
what is your problem dude? get outta here your attitude sucks and you're no help.

What do you mean what is my problem? I'm telling you if you ingest seafoam into your car, via a vacuum line, that there is no way that it would negatively effect the oil, as you stated. You're the one that is no help, giving false information.

blowby doesn't exist thats why we have a pcv system mr. dealership.

Blow by does exist. I just said, it is when the explosion that occurs in your engine's combustion chamber causes fuel, air and moisture to be forced past the rings into the crankcase.

The movement of the pistons and the clearance between the piston rings and the cylinders allows some of the pressure created by the explosions in the cylinders to pass into the crankcase. If the crankcase was a sealed chamber then the seals around the crankshaft would blow out. That is what the hose on the valve cover is for. It relieves pressure.

Is there anything else I can clarify for you?

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how the hell do you get that fuel filter off anyway? i been trying to change mine for the longest and neither i or my friend could get it off. i got that tool that you need but the line is bein a pain in the ass

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

Reaction score
seafoam is so unnecessary, and causes more issues...if you read the can its says to do this right before replacing your fuel filter, since it clogs it....so your fuel filter and or injectors are clogged

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------
seafoam issues - Google Search

How to Seafoam Your Cobalt

-Step 1. Dont do it.

lol

I would try taking into consideration, that people who use it, and have a problem with it, ALWAYS blame it on the seafoam, but you know, they never bother to think maybe there was a problem BEFORE they used seafoam, that they weren't aware of.

Like that link to Google you included, click the first link. The guy thought seafoam blew his head gasket, because he claims it blew oil everywhere. Turns out that the 2.3L manifold swap that he did wasn't done correctly. But oh boy, was he quick to point the finger.

You see what I'm saying here?

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

how the hell do you get that fuel filter off anyway? i been trying to change mine for the longest and neither i or my friend could get it off. i got that tool that you need but the line is bein a pain in the ass

The driver's side requires the quick line disconnect tool, I forgot the size.

The passenger's side is just two clips that you remove and pull the lines away.

Also, don't forget to pull the fuel pump relay fuse, start the car, and let it die.. Or else it will be a fairly messy experience. :)

Last edited:

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt read the search finds, but seafoam is not needed nor meant for these cars..read the damn label next time;)

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
i didnt read the search finds, but seafoam is not needed nor meant for these cars..read the damn label next time;)

used it on my 2003 elantra and never had any issues, to me it seems like seafoam is more or less a fuel system/exhaust system cleaner, it worked ok on my elantra but i won't dare try it on my honda, i know there are better products out there.

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

Reaction score

I have a can. It was in the garage, now it is right next to me. Now, what part off of the can are you quoting to justify this bold statement? :)

I'm here when you're ready. And next time you post a link trying to prove something, you should probably make sure it does.. Just saying.

i did wat you said but the QD didnt wanna come out

Huh?

used it on my 2003 elantra and never had any issues, to me it seems like seafoam is more or less a fuel system/exhaust system cleaner, it worked ok on my elantra but i won't dare try it on my honda, i know there are better products out there.

I've never had problems either.. But, what better products are there? That you can run through a vacuum line?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie