short shifter installed

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed it today with no problem. Took me about 45 mins total and i didnt even have to take the tunnel out. Just the top pieces. There would have been more room with them off, but if you dont have huge hands, i wouldn't mess with them. Just use some finesse, and it will come out easily. Worst part for me, was replacing the boot, and knob. Broke the plastic boot ring, rigged it to work though. Ugh. And the same with the knob. $10 autozone job fit, but had to use a piece of pvc to make it tight since the allens stripped, and they were going down into the reverse lock to far. But its done. Looks better, and its going to take a few days to get used to it. 1-4 are pretty tight side to side, but fifth is still a little push, but closer.

Here it is.
2806-short-shifter-installed-quarter-what-i-want-paint-done.jpg

Like the spiderman rain boots? :D

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was just a cavalier short shifter off ebay. Whatever was cheapest with shipping. Lol. Who would have guessed me be cheap.......lol. the housing needed a piece cut out, debateable since some did and some didnt, but i wasn't doing it twice. Plus my dads wife had thrown away my pin and orings along with my first set of tuner wheel lugnuts, so i had to make a pin and no longer have an 11/32 deepwell socket and took a few extra second to dremel the inner hole a hair bigger, but it is snug and no play so i'm confident my rig job will hold up. I did want to put a piece of duct tape on it somewhere though. It felt fitting.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup