Sigh... You guys are my only hope

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turns out it was my coil assembly , i looked at my plug which i have just replaced and a few were a bit black so i reinstalled them and swapped out the coil assembly with one off of another car , the engine is now purring like a cat :) , and we cleared the Misfire engine Code and a i took it for a test drive engine runs good and the MIL light didnt come back problem sloved!!! :)

Ps : for awhile i was in panic figuring the knock and misfire i heard was a CON ROD or PISTON!!! phhewwww glad thats ruled out lol

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

As an update..

me and my friend just finished removing the starter motor and changing out the crank sensor.

we then reconnected evreything and bolted the starter motor back in place, etc. reconnected the battery and went to start the car with no luck. still doin the same thing.

the next thing im gonna do is check for fouled plugs like you said, but in order to get to the spark plugs i have to remove the air intake. I got the Haines manual for my chevy cobalt now, so i have all the instruction i need. i just dont know where the problem lies. still tryin to figure out the root of the problem.

Ill post back with pictures of the plugs once i take em out to check em.

thanks for the replies, ill keep you posted.

dude change your plugs and if that dosent work try swapping your Spark PLUG COIL ASSEMBLY with a good known one off of another 2.2L this is a really common problem on 2.2L s get one from and auto wrecker or freind peferably new that may be your issue did u scan it yet??

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie