Speaker and amp help

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
wait... what subaru u have?

that is still TBD, but after I get back on my feet I'm getting a subaru, whats left of the balt is being sold ASAP and i'm fixing up the Civic to be somewhat competitive in STS class this year. Sometime towards winter I'm hoping to dip my feet into a Subie, probably a RHD tho.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
and someone where amongst all that your gonna ship out my bowtie correct :)

lol yea, i've been pretty lazy lately, I'm gunna pull the speakers out of the balt today and put them in my civic, and if I remember I'll bring the headlights home with me so i can take better pictures.

Mrslice2004

Reaction score
Hey LE5, you say your left door speaker only chimes? you might want to check the connections and make sure its not receiving interference, or also check your connection to the Headunit. As far as speakers go, i have ran a few different brands from Sony to Pioneer and i have to say i like pioneer the best so far. im not sure how much your willing to spend, but if your looking for Subs Go for the Pioneer Type R's, they are pretty sick, If you have a BestBuy around, go to the car audio section, and they should have a returned merch area for car audio, i got a nice pair of Pioneer type R's for under 75 each, which is a steal, and they are pretty kickin, If your lookin for a good Amp thats pretty inexpensive Look for a Crunch 1000w Amp, i think its a Mono amp, Works Really well with the Pioneers and havent had any problems with anything as of yet. Or if you have the money then go for a nicer amp, i have a nice electronics retail outlet here in oregon calls Frys lol can pick up a crunch amp for under 100 bucks. If the Type R's are too much you can go to Walmart and get a set of Pioneer 12' subs i think for 50 a peice, and they have some good bass to them, i ran those for a good 2 years in my truck before i upgrades my amp and blew them out lol. hope this helps

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

oh and also, You most likely will not need to Amp your Door speakers. I just upgraded mine from Stock to pioneer speakers and got a nice Pioneer Headunit and i barely had to turn up the volume to really notice a difference. I would also have to say, Unless your wanting to blast your music rediculously loud then stick with the Pioneer TS-A1683R's, they are easily much better than your stock speakers are right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup