Specific LE5 Content????

Mo Parz

Reaction score
I'm not sure the trim code to be honest. the LT's came with the 5 lug rim option though, the LS did not. there was no N/A 2.2 SS, only the 2.4's

Ok, well I'll dig into this more in the future...........

The car has "SS" style rear fascia and front fascia. Definitely different than the LT's I've seen with the mesh grill in the lower fascia and the foglamps in the front fascia. Maybe someone upgraded the car when it was in a little bender "in a parking lot" when the first owner (rental car company) had it. Kind of doubt is since I can tell exactly which panels were reshot (rt fender, front fascia and 1/2 of rt door). The rr fascia is factory paint. And rental companies never throw extra $ at anything.

I used to work for GM (contract) and will try to dig up an old option code book.

Thanks again.

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be a cobalt Sport or a 2LT.
Sport has le5
2lt has ss body kit.

what signature?

Mo Parz

Reaction score
It could be a cobalt Sport or a 2LT.

2lt has ss body kit.

Ok, I checked the data under the trunk mat and it IS a "2LT".

So does that mean an "SS" came with a 2.2/LAP or is it still just a "Sport Coupe" wannabe?

And that's OK with me, at least it's a factory "bridesmaid" kinda deal with a cool factory package.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I checked the data under the trunk mat and it IS a "2LT".

So does that mean an "SS" came with a 2.2/LAP or is it still just a "Sport Coupe" wannabe?

And that's OK with me, at least it's a factory "bridesmaid" kinda deal with a cool factory package.

According to the 2010 sales brochure there was only an SS Turbocharged.

So you've just got an LT, that being said it's the closest thing to an SS available in 2010 without actually buying one.

Tapatalk from RAZR MAXX.

Last edited:

Mo Parz

Reaction score
According to the 2010 sales brochure there was only an SS Turbocharged.

So you've just got an LT, that being said it's the closest thing to an SS available in 2010 without actually buying one.

Tapatalk from RAZR MAXX.

I'm not challenging the accuracy of your info.........but sales literature isn't always right or up-to-date throughout a production year.

What does one call it if it left the factory with "SS" badges on it???

I guess I'll research ALL the other RPO codes and see what else it is when I get time.

Thanks everyone!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not challenging the accuracy of your info.........but sales literature isn't always right or up-to-date throughout a production year.

What does one call it if it left the factory with "SS" badges on it???

I guess I'll research ALL the other RPO codes and see what else it is when I get time.

Thanks everyone!

The 2.4 SS was changed to a "Sport" trim for 2008, 2009 and later it was removed entirely. That badge was a post production install meaning either someone installed the badge after buying it, it it is a dealer installed cosmetic "enhancement".

Mo Parz

Reaction score
That badge was a post production install meaning either someone installed the badge after buying it, it it is a dealer installed cosmetic "enhancement".

Well, the "badges" were not the only unique items to set it apart from a normal LT.

It also has a unique front and rear fascia, lower sill moulding/fascia and specific wheel/tire combo that is also identified as legit by the production label that is in the drivers door jamb. The front fascia also has the foglight content and all the factory wiring, switch and I/P trim to function. Kind of alot for most dealers to take on.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the "badges" were not the only unique items to set it apart from a normal LT.

It also has a unique front and rear fascia, lower sill moulding/fascia and specific wheel/tire combo that is also identified as legit by the production label that is in the drivers door jamb. The front fascia also has the foglight content and all the factory wiring, switch and I/P trim to function. Kind of alot for most dealers to take on.

I do believe all of that was optional on the 2LT trim. The SS badges were without a doubt installed post build by someone outside of the GM plant though, the only SS for that year was the 2.0T LNF powered vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup