SS Premium Sound Question

JubjubW

Reaction score
So, I drove an SS a while back, it had all the bells and whistles, and I noticed that it had a 10" sub in the back on the side of the trunk... well its been years since I drove it...

Is that sub any good? Or did many people replace it for an aftermarket setup? Can the box fit in any coupe? my LS sound system is pretty lacking in the bass department and am looking to beef it up a little.

bbrewbaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep you can fit that box in your LS.
I got one off ebay for $60 for mine. You can then put a aftermarket sub in it.

Last edited:

The GRAFX Shop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the factory subs sell for between $50-60 (most the time)
they are pretty good for factroy. if your going to add it to your car (that didnt come with it) you will need an amp . at this point your probably better off buying a sub and amp rather then useing the factory set up. due to cost.

keeping in mind also its often hard to find a sub to fit the factory box. and the factorbox is plastic. not the best sound with some subs.

myself i sold my factory sub and installed 2 12 inch in fiberglass boxes. then again im all into the car shows and sound comps.

but if not for the above i would just spend $100 on a set of used subs and amp. buy a $10 line out converter and tap into the back speakers. unless you have an aftermarket stereo installed then your golden.

bbrewbaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a couple of subs that will fit.
I have a Memphis shallow sub in mine. It still sounds good and hits hard for being in a plastic box.
And i didn't loose any trunk space.

MrCobaltss09

Reaction score
the factory sub in a ss is a pioneer sub more on the lower end of there subs but still good, had it in my 09 ss before i sold the car. and once tuned for your liking it sounds good, low or high bass it is good

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right any oem speaker regardless of what name it has on it isnt going to be as good of quality as an aftermarket one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso