ss stereo

skydvrvalco

Reaction score
My 07 cobalt pioneer stock system quit working. The fuses are fine,but get no power. Power goes thru the fuse as I can detect small spark when inserting it. Stereo quit working about the time I had a battery go completely dead. Any ideas?

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to have to get a test light to properly test fuses, they are cheap and easy to use, check it with that first then get back to us, you definately have a blown fuse.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to have to get a test light to properly test fuses, they are cheap and easy to use, check it with that first then get back to us, you definately have a blown fuse.

test lights are highly frowned upon now in the autotech world. they tend to fry components.

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are fine for testing fuses and what not, if you are testing computer components then yes you need a good one not the el cheapo brands. I have been in the autotech world for 16 years professionally now and a heavy equipment tech for over 6 now so I would not say frowned upon as much as they have their place just not when used on circuitry. I started working on cars when I was 15 so I know a few things.

Last edited:

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well when speaking with those that are trying diy and what not best to steer them clear of them. I know where not to use them and you know where not to use them but the average joe doesn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso