Starting issues

ajax591

Reaction score
My gf has a 06 cobalt 2.2L. every once in a while when she starts it, itll take an extra second or 2 to start. at first it was the "must have just been a bad start or bad tank of gas" until it kept happening(not constantly but enough to notice). so i changed the spark plugs and replaced the fuel filter. couple days go by and then it happens again. its been a couple months and its done it a couple times here and there. she came home today and said it did it again so i figured id see if anyone can help me with this issue. any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is she cranking it straight from off to crank? Fuel pump may not be priming completely. She can turn it to ON, wait a few seconds and then crank it.

ajax591

Reaction score
yeah shes tried that too, turn the key, wait for the fuel pump to prime and then start. its not a constant thing. just happens ever once in a while. would just like to find out what it is and stop it before it gets more expensive.

ajax591

Reaction score
no noises. she turns the key and the starter goes for a second or 2 more than what it should. thats it, i dont know what it could be.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is fuel, spark, and air. You already did plugs and a fuel filter. Changed the air filter?

ajax591

Reaction score
air filter is brand new, she got the car about 3 months ago. it has 63000 miles on it. its been through a couple tanks of fuel, shes ran fuel system cleaner through it(expensive stuff, dont remember the brand)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup