Supercharger Build on my 2.2L G5

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update for those who care ha,

The lsj Heat exchanger I bought came with no Brackets and fabing them would of been a major pita, I went to the dealer and they cant look up parts without a vin, Came home went on carmax got me a ss vin,went back the next day...Tuned out only one dealer in Texas(Hour away!) had these brackets @ 54bucks a piece, what could I do I needed them + it was worth it, the way it looks is great and major + is it mounts stock with no fabing..

The oil dipstick broke while trying to remove it, so we machined a new fitting for a custom setup, but found out the diameter we made the barb was not of the hole of the oilpan, but a portion of the dip stick still lodged in.So we drilled it out(grease tipped bit and ran a magnet to collect any possible shavings)...I called up a buddy and he had the actual LSJ dipstick tube, and what a beautiful fit it was, once again it required no modification,it looks stock and bolts down into the oem provision on the Intake mani, I highly recommend those doing this build to get it, instead of pissing around with the stock one.

Custom made the option B bracket to mount like stock and also made up some brackets for the secondary cobra heat exchanger, which I found interesting is made by Garret, not bad ford not bad...

Finished wiring the gauges and welded in the o2 for the wideband. The only electrical left the MAP sensor and throttlebody rewire, it turns out the l61 is not a 8pin like every other ecotec lol, so I had to drive another hour away to pick up a harness for it.

Im no longer saying when I think it will be done, its done whens its done Im in no rush, it needs to be done Right.

I work tomorrow a fairly long shift, I cant wait to continue building

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean man, I was a un-employed student for a (year and a 1/2, after losing my job when the eco tanked)...So its been awhile!

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so puretty
Buildday4010.jpg

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
indeed but wait there is something missing, i just cant seem to put my finger on it...oh wait the intake lol

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok heres the thing, The ZZP 2 bar came in and the barb is alot smaller then the provision on the lsj intake mani, so heres my plan.

Im going to T off the line for the boost gauge pic below and run a hose from the T to the 2bar, Sounds good? and then to plug the stock map hole, I will just bolt down the 2.5 in there.

IntakeandMAP007.jpg

ZZP 2 bar on the right and the lsj 2.5 on the left

IntakeandMAP005.jpg

ZZP 2 bar

IntakeandMAP006.jpg

Last edited:

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics pics pics!!!!

So close I can almost hear the whine! Im awaiting my tuner to text back whether or not he can tune the bee tomorrow, I just need to swing by the parts store for the radiator hose, and then put the bumper back on and headlights etc etc.

Almosttheredaybeforethelastbuildday017.jpg

Almosttheredaybeforethelastbuildday019.jpg

I needed to cut a little hole for the opt B hose, that was due to the custom solid fitting we made, next pic shows it.

Almosttheredaybeforethelastbuildday006.jpg

Almosttheredaybeforethelastbuildday005.jpg

Almosttheredaybeforethelastbuildday001.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais