tail lights problem

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
my right tail lights is out, i have altezza led tails. the leds are good i guess ive got a short in a wire somewhere. i take em out and shake it abit it comes back on but soon goes back out when i put it back in anyone have problems like this before maybe know the exact spot where you've had the problem

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine these have a warranty? don't try to open it and fix it if there is one. if not I would open it up and get in there with a soldering iron.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah i was hoping it wouldnt i need to check out whats covered got 75xxx miles on the car and all i got is the extra bumper to bumper 100000 miles thing

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, you bought the car with them? I mean a manufacturer warranty from the company that made your tail lights. I would speak to them about it.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like its either grounding out on something or theirs an open wire somewhere.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ill check more thoroughly when im not exhausted and i think the manufactures warranty is out of them ive had them for at least a year and a half maybe more...anywho they still light up when i fidget with them

lovely09

Reaction score
A tail light problem can cause everything from the dash lights to the headlights and signal lights to be affected as well.Check bulbs and fuses,wires,bulb rails or circuit boards and trailer light wiring harness connection.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks i figured it out...ill get a pic if i can remember but basically a prong inside a connector back there got bent out of place a tad, bent it back no problems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup

Latest posts