Temp and A/C Issues....

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only possible explanation for a/c only working while driving and not while stopped is. condenser is not being cooled enough i.e. fan not working.

Knight

Reaction score
the only possible explanation for a/c only working while driving and not while stopped is. condenser is not being cooled enough i.e. fan not working.

Well, After we went to lunch today and the car was still doing this I got fed up and called my local napa parts guy I deal with daily for work and asked for his opinion. He told me to check out his A/C guy which is like 3 blocks down the road from me (Work wise). I went right after work and after explaining the problem it took him like 30 seconds to say it's the fan not working properly lol. I told him to fix it and I was shocked at how loud the fan was compared the bad one. It was spinning but very slow apparently. It was a nice cool ride home for sure lol. Even though I was trying to fix it myself to save money but i'll leave this stuff to the mechanics.

Thanks to all who gave me advise on my problems.

raul89

Reaction score
Hey Knight,

I had the same problem (#2) that you had a while back. My coolant temp would read F---, everything looked fine, fluids, sensors, etc, but I happened to buy a new thermostat and to my surprise it didnt have one! I'm the second owner to the car, the 1st one had a wreck and I got it cheap and fixed it, but was surprised it didnt have a thermostat. You might want to check it out.

hope it helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup